Due to the recent spike of COVID-19 cases in Illinois, Governor Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health has issued a statement urging residents to only leave home for essential “activities” over the next few weeks.
With that said, for your safety and to be in compliance with the recommended guidelines, Bethel Assembly will be canceling all extra-curricular activities until further notice. This will include all iConnect Groups and meetings.
Please note that because church IS considered essential we will continue to hold our weekly Sunday Worship Service at 9am & 11am, Tuesday Night Prayer Meeting at 7pm and Wednesday Ignite Youth Service at 7pm with all social distancing guidelines in place. If you have any questions about the guidelines please see below.
Please be wise & stay healthy!
According to the State of Illinois Dept of Public Health
Under the additional guidelines for in-person activities: Set capacity limit for the place of worship that allows for extensive social distancing (6’ or more) between congregants. Consider limiting attendance to 25% of building capacity or a maximum of 100 attendees, whichever is lower.
Expand capacity limits gradually, rather than all at once, to allow the opportunity to test and improve safety protocols.
Services will be held with a capacity of 65 people per service while following the rules of social distancing 6 feet in the sanctuary and other guidelines in place. Doors will close once we reach capacity.
Services will resume as follows:
- Services will be held at our regularly scheduled times: Sunday Worship Service at 9am & 11am and Tuesday Prayer Meetings at 7pm
- Doors open 15 minutes prior to the service start time on Sundays and Tuesdays. If it is cold out please wait in your car until the appropriate time.
- BKids services are available at the 11am service for children currently enrolled in PreK through 5th grade. If possible, please register your child prior to arriving on Sunday so that the BKids teams can adequately prepare and help speed up the check-in process.
- The most vulnerable, including those 65 and older and those with co-morbidities are welcomed to attend at their discretion, but will be required to wear masks.
- We will continue to LiveStream our services via YouTube.
Guidelines while in the church building:
- Face masks are required. (Please bring your own mask.)
- Temperature checks will be taken at the door.
- Those who live together will be seated together with 6 feet of separation from other families or groups.
- 1 person allowed in the restrooms at a time.
- 1 entrance; 2 exits identified.
- Practice social distancing whenever possible.
- Wash your hands. Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the building.
- Thorough cleaning & sanitization of the building will take place after every service.
- If you are sick, stay home!
IMPORTANT! Please ask the following before leaving your home…
Have you or anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
Do you or any members of your household have any NEW ONSET of the following symptoms UNRELATED to allergies or chronic conditions?
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4.
- Sinus congestion with runny nose and worsening cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Loss of taste or smell, chills, body aches, or headaches.
If you answered YES to any of these questions we would ask that you please refrain from entering Bethel today and join us virtually through YouTube Live. We greatly appreciate your understanding and are eager to have you return in person once your symptoms have completely subsided and you have completed a 10 day quarantine.